Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Munch in Frankfurt

Postcards & ticket stub
Clockwise from top left:
"Vampir im wald"
"Galoppierendes Pferd"
"Die Sonne"
Last week I saw the Edvard Munch exhibit at the Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt.  I highly recommend seeing this exhibition of work, which originally opened in Paris and will be in Frankfurt until May 2012.

Before hand, like many, I knew of Munch because of his famous painting "The Scream" - however, I didn't know there were five versions of this popular painting.  Since this is not an art blog - I will keep it short - it was very fascinating how photography and film influenced Munch's work.  Often walking through the exhibit I was reminded of one of my closest friends who loves experimenting with photography.  This exhibit solicited many feelings, emotions, and memories for me.  The energy and motion of the selected works are amazing and revolutionary for his time.

So, if you are in Frankfurt before May, include a visit to the Schrin if time allows.






No comments:

Post a Comment