Sunday, February 19, 2012

Baby Mania Minimized

REALIZATION:  The urge to impulse purchase adorable, colorful and tiny articles of clothing for our baby to come is subdued by the fact that we are not finding out the sex.  So many people are surprised that we not peeking, but I like surprises.  Maybe -at least for me- it is also exercise in realizing that as humans we have little control over life and the urge to micro manage life can be a waste of energy.

BENEFIT:  I've saved lot of dollars & euros!  Hopefully, there will not be a huge pile of clothes there were only worn once or never fit in the first place.

There seems to be less gender neutral colored baby clothing here in Germany with the exception of tan & white so this has aided in limiting indulgent buys.  Now after Nugget is here we will see how much of a hit my wallet takes as I make up for lost time!    

2 comments:

  1. Jess - we didn't find out until Lauren and Andrew were born. I looked at it as, if God wanted us to know, we would all have windows on our bellies! The surprise was worth it totally!
    Glad to know things are going well and let me know when you are in town this summer so we can visit you and the new one. Hugs & love always - The Poolmans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what you mom was telling me. She followed it by saying "as soon as I find out, I am going shopping" haha

    ReplyDelete