Thursday, March 8, 2012

6 DAYS!!!

Only six days left before our little love Nugget arrives...time is flying!  At every doctors visit in the last trimester they have done a routine fetal heart rate monitor and it is the most amazing half hour of listening to the heartbeat and the sounds of movement.  Also, learned some interesting facts while being pregnant.....

-Average human adult heart beats 90 times per minute and while in the womb the heart beats on average 150 times per minute.
-A pregnant woman has about a 40% increase in blood during pregnancy.
-One drop of breast milk contains approximately one million white blood cells.

The female human body is incredibly amazing!  I won't bore you with any more facts, but there is so much to learn and experience.

Even though I like the German health care system so far, there seems to be one universal rule no matter where you are in the world....you must be your own advocate, you must educate yourself and make sure that you are getting the care you want and deserve.  As much as I like my OB doctor here, I've had to remind her about two important standard tests done during pregnancy, which I would not have known if it were not for all the reading and research that I've done so far. Mind the old cliche knowledge is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment