Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Abroad

Where to start...Finding a Turkey (for my husband and guests, of course) was surprisingly easy - thank goodness.  The Rewe grocery stores were stocking the birds, but astonishingly no cranberries.  Originally we had scheduled a trip to Prague in order to be away and busy on the favorite holiday and to avoid being at our flat thinking about the family & friends back home.  However, the trip changed from a Thursday departure to a Friday departure.

So we invited some American friends over and celebrated the holiday with much to be thankful for this year.  We had turkey, mashed potatoes, veggie stuffing and all the fixings - missing the cranberries we made due with a pomegranate & orange salad.  We even watched part of the hopeless Lions game.

Waking up Thanksgiving morning I felt giddy as I always do around the holiday and instead of thinking about how much I miss my family, my focus shifted to all that I have to be thankful for and how fortunate we were to be able to call and Skype with our families.  Not to mention the countless other blessing in my life.  We spent the morning relaxing and anticipating the aromas that would soon pervade the flat.  The day was wonderful!

Cheers - to having so much to be thankful for in our lives!!!

The holiday season is officially here....

No comments:

Post a Comment